Please find me on facebook

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Maida almond burfi


Sweets and snacks everywhere. This is my last sweet for this year Deepavali. A simple elegant, no kindling and kelaring for too Long, when the consistency is right. Maida almond burfi was my sudden sweet, I did not plan to make purposely. Before I could cut, my kid grabbed two pieces from it and went away. There was left over sugar syrup from the badusha. So just gave it a try. Let me know your comments after you try.


Ingredients:


  • Maida - 1 cup
  • Almond powder - 1 tbsp
  • Sugar - 3/4 cup
  • Water
  • Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
  • Saffron - little
  • Food Colour - a pinch
  • Ghee - 2 tsp


Method:


  • In a pan, add sugar and 1/4 cup water. Boil it for one string consistency.
  • Meanwhile, fry the maida flour in a pan for 2 mins. 
  • Once the sugar syrup has achieved the one string consistency, add the cardamom powder , food Color and saffron strands. Switch off the stove.
  • Add the maida and almond powder in the sugar syrup and give a stir. Both gets mixed nicely and form into a dough consistency. Now add two tsp of ghee and stir well. The burfi comes out from the pan like a ball.
  • Place the ball in a greased plate and flatten it. Allow it to cool.
  • Cut once it is little warm.

Wonderful sweet in just 5 mins, added to my Deepavali platter.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...