Please find me on facebook

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My mom's Special Chakkara pongal / Sweet Pongal - FiFth bloggiversary today!

Chakkarapongal is made using rice, lentils cooked with jaggery and tempered with cashews and raisins. Pongal without sweet pongal is unimaginable. My moms sweetpongal is my alltime favorite. I want to become like her, when my kid says that her moms chakkarapongal is unbeatable. My kiddo does not eat sweet. But for last pongal, she had chakkarapongal , like i used to have my moms.. Felt very happy. 


Once I made chakkapongal in pannai for my Thala Pongal In singapore. It as so tasty and yummy. It came out very well. Here are the pics.




  
Ingredients:
  • Rice - 2 cups
  • Moong dal - 1/2 cup
  • Jaggery- 250 gms
  • Ghee
  • Cashew
  • Milk - half cup
  • Cardamom powde
  • Water







Method:
  • Wash and soak boil rice and moong dal together for about 30 hr.
  • Cook the soaked rice and moong dal for about 4-5 whistles in cooker.
  • Dissolve the  Jaggery in water and Strain it.
  • Allow it to boil.
  • Add milk in the jaggery and allow it to boil.
  • then add the cooked rice and dal mixture. Stir it well.
  • Add ghee,cardamom and cashew.
  • Ready to serve. :D
  



    SENDING THIS TO NIVEDHANAM'S GIVEAWAY !

     


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...