Please find me on facebook

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Product Review - Hudson Canola oil

About the Product :

Hudson Canola Oil is a brand owned by Dalmia Continental. It is a neutral in flavor and aroma, with a very high smoking point, making it an ideal cooking medium for Indian food.
 Lowest saturated “bad” fats and very high monounsaturated “good” fats, along with high Omega-3 content, have made Canola oil the world’s leading new heart-care oil.
 Hudson Canola Oil comes to you directly from the finest, most sophisticated facilities in the Prairie regions of western Canada, where Canola was first discovered.
 Hudson Canola can be used for all types, methods and varieties of Indian cooking: frying, roasting or grilling.
 Indian food tastes as good with Canola as with Sunflower, Corn or any other traditionally used oil. Canola does not impart any color to the food or change its appearance.

My review:
 I have been using sunflower oil for cooking and cooking oil or vegetable oil for frying or deep fry. When I heard about canola oil, thought of trying it. 
Received a litre of oil from the Hudson company. 
  • Its zero cholestrol
  • transfat free 
These words really attract me. I refer such oils usually. I have been 

using transfat free oil regularly.

I feel its little pricey for all class of people. They have priced at Rs.295 

per litre.

It is best suited for Indian cuisine. 

I made mushroom biryani and cauliflower stir fry today using this oil. 

Loved the texture of biryani and the fry as well. It indeed added extra

 flavor to the biryani. I made biryani with this oil because, I wont be 

satisfied with the taste of biryani how much ever its cooked well. The 

aroma and the rice was cooked so well. Yet to try deep fry items. The

 stir fry was also well done. It did not change the taste and color of 

the food. Loved the oil. 

Here is the visual treat of Mushroom biryani and Cauliflower stir fry.






Thoroughly enjoyed making these using "Hudson Canola oil ".




















1 comment:

  1. I used this canola oil. Its really very healthy.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/07/chicken-bharta.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...